[Weekly Recap] 4 June – 10 June + travel update
Good evening everyone, and welcome to this Monday’s edition of the weekly recap. This update primarily includes new music within ECCOJAMS, sample curation, and not a few experimental vaporwave works from labels like Swamp Circle and Net Century. Attached at the very end is an update on my hiking trip, for those curious. No major label releases on 6 June and 7 June; omissions of these dates below are not an accident.
Monday, 4 June
- Arcipluvian – Gardens Lost to Time, Collapsed Structures (cyberpunk music)
- 天気予報 – 雰囲気, Geometric Lullaby (hypnagogic drift)
- CHARフランスのタンク – Leçons Non Apprises, Flamingo Vapor (hardvapour)
- VAV-31 – Public Access Heartbreak, Bogus Collective (late night lo-fi; sample curation)
- Gurudutt Perichetla – Passion Play, Sunset Grid (synthwave; samplism)
- CREME RINSEすすぎとリピート – Aphelion Drift, Seikomart (ECCOJAMS; space music)
- Hantasi – StøveHill – 6/4/18, 10.16 AM, Online Records (live music; tape music)
Tuesday, 5 June
- Ambervvaves – Vestiges, Hairs aBlazin’ (ECCOJAMS)
- Soft Scale Smoothing System – What If…, Net Century (modern electronica; vaporwave)
- werewolf hair – feast dream, House of the Leg (vaporwave; ???)
Friday, 8 June
- ダンケ Vibes – Adult, Immersion Complete (sample curation)
- 天使女孩 – 善良的靈魂, Net Century (vapordrone; slushwave)
- Arkii – Cache (Deluxe), Kaiseki Digital (ambient; chillwave)
- Loon Gemini – Vaporwave Resource Inc., Bogus Collective (classic-style)
- LemKuuja – CHEESECAKE+, Business Casual (future funk)
- I-95 Exit-98－ Santee, South Carolina USA & Suncoast Parkway – Home Vacationin’ ホームバケーション, DMT Tapes FL (sample curation)
Saturday, 9 June
- Super Brass – Super Brass 2, Neoncity Records (funk; future funk)
- Muscle oxygen – Students of the Spine, Swamp Circle (noise; software/hardware bending; vapornoise)
- Roman Moonchild – Roman 1, TKX LOST (alternative rock?)
- shamane – foralways, Elemental 95 (experimental vaporwave; hypnagogic drift)
Sunday, 10 June
- saneLiv & Ryan Nilson – x is a line, Flamingo Vapor (electronica)
- ☆４２０永遠に☆ – ☆４２０ Ｄｅｌｕｘｅ☆☆☆ SUMMER~NiTES－ＭＥＧＡＭＩＸ☆ 2 . 0, Fantasy Deluxe (classic-style)
Monday, 4 June
Tuesday, 5 June
Wednesday, 6 June
- Music video: b a k m a h n – “are you the goddess”
- Music video: Hantasi – “Cityman”
- Music video: Ursula’s Cartridges – “liquidgunk”
- Album article: 01100001 S.T.A.R.D.U.S.T. Subsidiary – Arcadia Campus: Virtual Tour
- Album article: Employee#6917 – 20061027:1820
As stated in last week’s admin post, I am currently doing a two and-a-half month hiking trip/traveling with my dog. At the moment, we’re up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire working on knocking out all forty-eight of the 4000-footers, which refers to all the mountains in the area that are at least 4000 feet high and have at least 200 feet of prominence over their neighbors. The goal is to have them all done by the end of June. I’m doing the hikes in “cycles” of five days, whereby one cycle is four days hiking and one “zero day” where I don’t hike, with at least ten peaks per cycle. As of today, we have hiked fifteen peaks.
So far, things are going great. We arrived last Monday and did twelve peaks in our first cycle, knocking out a few big ones like Cannon and the two Kinsman mountains (note: routes shown in those pages aren’t the ones I took, they’re just to show the mountains). At the moment we’re halfway through the second cycle, having reached two peaks yesterday and one today. Tomorrow is a set of four peaks called the Franconia Ridge Traverse, which takes us to Flume, Liberty, Lincoln, and Lafayette in one day – giving us our first peaks over 5000 feet. It’ll be a long day, but a good one! Then Wednesday (the fourth day in the second cycle) will be a set of three that is currently undecided between two different groups. What I choose will likely depend on how I feel after tomorrow.
The Internet access is slightly more spotty than anticipated, but I’m working on getting as many updates as I can when I have the time and connection. This may or may not occur on a zero day, as I’m also using my zero days to work on graduate school stuff and to explore the area. However, Sunbleach is still going strong. Even on days that there aren’t updates, I’m still listening to music, searching for new videos/art, and finding more things to add to the site.
As always, thanks for reading! I wanted to give y’all a quick update on the hike in case anyone wondered.